These are one of my FAVE grab and go snacks to have on hand. They are hearty and satisfying. A lot of store bought protein bars/cookies have a lot of extra added ingredients like sugar, fillers, and preservatives. When you make your own at home, you have confidence in knowing the ingredients that you used. You can even make a double batch, keep some in the fridge for the week and some in the freezer for the following week. It’s so simple and provides you with a healthy balanced, on the go snack!
- 3 Banana (ripe)
- 3/4 cup Egg Whites
- 1/4 cup Tahini
- 1 cup Vanilla Protein Powder (plant-based)
- 1 cup Oats (rolled or quick)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Organic Raisins
- 1/2 cup Ground Flax Seed
What to do:
- Preheat your oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat (love these)
- Mash your bananas in a bowl and then add the tahini and egg whites and mix everything together.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix again.
- Use a spoon to scoop your batter onto the baking sheet and shape lightly into a cookie.
- Bake the cookies for 18 to 22 mins.
Makes: 8-10 cookies
- You can also use other types of nut/seed butter besides tahini (cashew, almond, peanut)
- Instead of raisins, you could also use cranberries, chocolate chips or cacao nibs (PRO TIP: check your dried fruit to make sure there are no additives like sunflower oil. Should be just the fruit ingredient i.e. Raisins.)
- The results may vary depending on what type of protein powder you use. I used a plant based one in this recipe.
- Store in the refrigerator up to 4 days or freezer up to 6 months