This recipe is most definitely a fan fave around here. Many of my clients who have done several weeks of a meal plan have come back saying this is their favorite.
I love the combination of chia and oat together as it makes for a really filling and satisfying meal, keep you satiated for hours.
This particular recipe is superrr basic but there are a ton of ingredients you can add in to give this more flavor depending on what you’re in the mood for. I will give you some ideas you can try if you’re not too sure what you like yet.
- 1 cup Steel Cut Oats
- 3 cups water (boiling)
- 2 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 tbsps Chia Seeds
How to make it:
- Place steel cut oats in a large bowl and add the boiling water. Let sit for 10-15 mins.
- Drain and rinse the oats. Add to a large container with the almond milk and chia seeds. Stir and place in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, stir in sweetener and toppings of choice.
Makes: 3 servings
- You can also stir in 1-2 servings of your favorite protein powder before letting it sit overnight for some added protein.
- Sweetener Ideas:
- It’s important to not over-do it with the sugar content. For this recipe, I love using 1 tablespoon of raw honey or 100% maple syrup
- Topping Ideas: almonds, cashews, walnuts, pecans, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon, goji berries, raisins, cranberries, blueberries, raspberries, banana, papaya